How to do Double Unders - Ultimate how to guide for beginners.by Page Admin 3
Firstly if you haven't already check my first double unders guide.
Double Unders are used by boxers and mma fighters for conditioning, coordination and building endurance. It has also become one of the many milestones of crossfit!
have the correct rope, it can feel a lot like a losing battle.
So before you start Smashing those PRs and hitting every WOD including double unders in it. Lets take a look at Chris Speallers how to guide. This is a crossfit speed rope, and one of the best athletes out there.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Stay Tight Squeeze your abs, butt, and keep your legs tight together throughout the exercise. Think hollow rock
- Don't bend you knees when jumping
- Do use your wrists - Do not use your arms to spin the rope, you shoulders will thank you
Mikko Salo - Another King of Crossfit learning double unders, Everyone has to learn! Even the best athletes.
- Not everyone will master this in minutes, it takes time but stick with it youll get there.
- palm facing forward and arms tucked in
- Straight legs
Check out our latest Double Under Jump Ropes, to make your double unders effortless and speed up your learning curve.
If you already have a jump rope and need some more tips, please check out my other guide How to Guide plus Tips here!
- Get a good quality rope, here at doubleunderjumpropes.com we only sell the fastest, best quality ropes.
-Correct rope length is essential, the handles should be up to nipple height when standing on the rope. Give me some time and il put a guide for sizing up.Good job all of our jump ropes are adjustable ;-)
- Hands in tight - slightly out in front
- Use the Wrists not shoulders/arms
- Don't Pike or Tuck Jump.
(i do not claim to hold or reserve any rights for the video content) Im mearly gathering the best inromation and putting it in one place to help others.)
Posted by Page Admin on April 14, 2014 in Double Under Tips.